Learn how to optimize and improve performance on Adobe Photoshop CS5 to speed up Photoshop for a faster experience.
Table of Contents:
- Allocate your scratch disk correctly
- Separate the Photoshop scratch disk from operating system virtual memory
- Set the RAM percentage used by Photoshop
- Defragment your drives regularly
- Minimize History States
- Avoid “Out of RAM” errors when running memory-intensive features
- Reduce the number of open files
- Clear all available memory: Purge Undo, Clipboard, or Histories
- Run Photoshop by itself
- Optimize Cache Level and Cache Tile settings
- Reduce patterns and brush tips
- Optimize GPU settings
- Choose the appropriate Photoshop file type
- Set the Maximize File Compatibility option
- Turn off thumbnail display
- Reduce color bit depth
- Deselect Export Clipboard
- Adjust or turn off font preview
- Optimize image files
Thanks to Jeff for another great informational piece.
As always, back up first, follow the directions, and good luck.