Adobe has announced the Photoshop CS6 Beta, now available for free to the public. Get your official download from Adobe and test out the newest version of Photoshop CS6 before it is released for shipping.
The beta will be available from Adobe Labs for a limited time. It is a beta, remember, not the finished version which will eventually be shipped.
There are details about the bigger new features pretty much everywhere on the net.
PhotographyUNcapped has concentrated instead, for this cycle anyway, on some of the possibly less well known aspects of the new release. We’ve collected more information about the Photoshop Beta in the following posts:
- What Are the System Requirements for Photoshop CS6 ? Will your Computer Work with CS6 ?
- What Are the JDI Just Do It New Features in Adobe Photoshop CS6 ?
- Photoshop CS6 – Optional Plug-in – Contact Sheet ll is Back !
- Photoshop CS6 – New Feature – Migrate Presets – Export Import
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 – Auto-Save – and Recovery – Finally!
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Now Can Save Files in the Background
- What is the New BiCubic Automatic Feature in Adobe Photoshop CS6 ?
- Is Photoshop CS6 Multithreaded ? Multicore Aware ? How Many Processor Cores Will CS6 Use ?
- Optional Plugins for Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Where is the New Deblur Feature in Photoshop CS6 ?
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Uses OpenCL OpenGL Features of GPU to Accelerate Graphics
- What’s New in Photoshop CS6 – Menu Screenshots
As with all betas:
- Anticipate bugs
- Do a system backup (or Create a Restore Point) prior to installation
- Read all instructions before installation
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements
- Once installed, test it out
- Don’t use the beta for critical work
Get the pdf: Photoshop CS6 Beta Installation Notes